Enjoy the long weekend. Here are some links:
- More thoughts on China’s military parade here and here.
- John McCain’s top adviser during his 2008 run for president has a pithy take on conservatism in 2015.
- Ridiculous people playing with guns in southern New Jersey.
- Why, exactly, does the NFL still employ Roger Goodell?
- Charlie Pierce’s semi-regular weekly look at what’s going on in and around state governments.
- Paul Krugman finds another example of mealy-mouthed “Shape of the Earth: Views Differ!” reporting. This problem in reporting is a close relative of the both-sides-do-it canard I wrote about last week.
- Oldies but goodies by writers I read: Jonathan Chait on why Reagan is the GOP’s favorite living president (I know!) and James Fallows on “false-equivalence,” a better term for what I’ve been calling “both-sides-do-it.”